We will continually add courses as they become available. Please check back for updates or click here to be notified when seats become available, or when new courses are posted to our schedule. Evening courses often get posted with shorter notice – and watch for last minute ‘pop-up’ weekend/weekday courses!
Classes tend to fill very quickly, so register in a course today in order to guarantee a seat.
|Course Start Date||Description||Cost||Register||Space|
|December 1, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|December 4, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo – Evenings||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|December 8, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|December 11, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo – Evenings||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|December 15, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|December 18, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo – Evenings||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|December 22, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|December 29, 2023||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|January 5, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|January 12, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|January 19, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|January 26, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|February 2, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|February 9, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|February 16, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|February 23, 2024||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Waitlist||FULL|
|March 1/2/3||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Info||FULL|
|March 8/9/10 – NEW!||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Register||YES|
|March 15/16/17 – NEW!||CFSC/CRFSC Combo||$380||Register||YES|
Registered students get priority on the waitlist for cancellations if they wish to get a seat in an earlier course. There is no admin fee charged to the student when they are being contacted from the waitlist to take an earlier course date.
Click here if you might be interested in any new courses or seats that become available from student cancellations.
THE GOVERNMENT IS STILL ISSUING RPAL LICENCES AND THERE IS NO PLAN TO STOP ISSUING RPAL LICENCES.
We have received confirmation from the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) of Ontario that the government is still issuing RPAL licences (PAL with restricted privileges) and there are no plans to stop issuing them in the future. The CFO has confirmed that instructors can continue to run CRFSC courses and exams. Students who successfully complete the CRFSC course and exam will still be able to apply for a PAL with restricted privileges.
ONLY TRANSFERS OF HANDGUNS HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY THE RECENT REGULATIONS. ALL OTHER RESTRICTED FIREARMS TRANSFERS WILL CONTINUE TO PROCEED NORMALLY.
There are many reasons to take the CRFSC, and we are encouraging students to continue forward obtaining their RPAL licence:
1. Not all handgun transfers have been frozen. The government has a list of exceptions where handguns transfers will still be granted;
2. You still require an RPAL licence for many employment purposes (ie. many security, law enforcement, wilderness protection, and other employment opportunities);
3. You still require an RPAL licence to purchase restricted rifles/shotguns;
4. You still require an RPAL licence to borrow restricted firearms;
5. You still require an RPAL licence to use restricted firearms at a range (handguns are still used at shooting ranges, and there are clubs that have handguns available for use);
6. The firearms laws in Canada are currently in an extreme state of flux. Many new changes to firearms laws have occurred recently and more and more changes keep being proposed. It makes sense in this climate to maintain the highest level of licencing privileges on your firearm licence. The government can re-classify your one-time non-restricted firearm into the restricted firearm category at any time (even without passing any new legislation); and
7. You also get a broader introduction to firearms safety training, and extra hands-on training time with firearms by attending the CRFSC. You should learn how to handle all firearms safely.
AFTER REGISTERING IN A COURSE:
NOTE: Students must be able to attend the full course hours. Also, the CFSC is a prerequisite for the CRFSC so students must pass the CFSC portion of the course before attending the CRFSC portion of the course.